Birthday Bar Construction

 
I had a party for my recent birthday so I brewed up a very fine Barley Twist Ale, which came out at about 6.5%. We also had a barrel of the cider described in a post on this blog which wasn't too strong but was a very tasty refreshing cider non the less.

The bar you see here was made from an old bookcase that I had stored in the garage. The bookcase was made by my brother who had used wood reclaimed from the old shed at the bottom of my mum's garden. That shed was itself built from reclaimed wood in that it was actually made from a railway carriage. So there we are, a bar with history! 

The pumps that I've put on there have some history too; both of them saw active service in local pubs. One in Manchester and the other in Preston. They are connected to check valves so we don't get any wasted beer or leaks under pressure (not that there is a great deal of pressure in my barrels). It's a great way to serve your home made beers, it gives a really nice head to the ale and most people enjoy the experience of pulling a pint themselves. Great for a party!


1 comment:

  1. The Barley Twist Ale was beautifully dark and smooth without being overly bitter. It twisted me quite spectacularly. The Cider was pleasant, but not sufficiently so as to distract me from the Ale. It was the Lemon Sherbet Vodka however which enabled the release of the inner me! There was also a hangover.

    Evening's Score: 10/10

    ReplyDelete